Thursday 13 February 2014

Emotionally Repressed Valentine's Day Almond Shortbread Biscuits


This is just a really quick post, I have a full length post lined up to be published soon though nobody fret, but in the Valentine's spirit I thought I'd whip up some really easy, super speedy lovey-dovey almond shortbread biscuits - or rather some emotionally repressed V-day almond shortbread biscuits in true Brit-stereotype fashion inspiration courtesy of this Buzzfeed article. I found it through my friend on facebook and I thought was pretty bloody funny (small children don't need to see the last one!) and took some of the greetings (for lack of a better word, what are the words on cards collectively called?! HELP!) and stamped 'em onto my biscuits with my Tala letterpress cookie cutters (which are super awesome btw).

You make tea properly is my favourite, I made several for my other half and guess who made me several perfect cuppas on my return from a 9 - 5 day in the lab n'awwwwww.



Here is one really-crapply-photographed-slightly-lumpy-un-emotionally-repressed cookie just for you guys, who I know are out there (my stats tell me so even if you never blummin' comment! :P ), not to get all mushy, cos ya know, British, but readers, I really do love ya!

 


Ingredients


225 g unsalted butter, softened
100 g white granulated sugar
50 g icing sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp almond extract
300 g all purpose flour
50 g ground almonds

Directions


Cream together the butter, sugars, salt and almond extract. Mix in the ground almonds and flour until you have a smooth dough. Split the dough into as many lumps as you want colours. To one dough lump add 1-2 drops of food colouring and knead it in until you have a consistent colour. You can add more food colouring if necessary. Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 0.5 cm, form your words and stamp your heart-shaped letterpress! Arrange the biscuits on baking trays and refrigerate for 30 minutes. While the biscuits are chilling pre heat the oven to 160 degrees C. Bake the biscuits for 10 - 12 minutes - serve to your potential hunny and enjoy! <3 <3 <3


5 comments:

  1. these are so amazing! i love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the photos actually look very cute. There is a touch of innocence in the style which I find more appealing than the "professional" ones. Loved them. And they must taste yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete

See more