Tuesday 11 June 2013

Oreo Cheesecake Mini Bites

This is the quickest, easiest recipe in the world - and a no bake one! Perfect for those days that are far too hot to even toy with the thought of turning your oven on. These Oreo Cheesecake Mini Bites will be a hit with kids and adults alike as they are super tasty and have a secret hidden surprise at the bottom of the case in the form of a WHOLE OREO BISCUIT!


The crumbled Oreos in the cheesecake batter give an extra crunch to this delightfully sweet no-bake treat.



All you need to do is whip up the cheesecake, spread it on top of the Oreo to fill the bun case and leave to chill for at least 30 minutes. 


I only used 1 packet of Oreos, leaving me mixture enough to make a mini cheesecake as well. You could think of this as the 'adult' form and the littlies as the 'kid' form but as the law goes I'm not a kid, being 19 and all (HA yeah right!) yet I enjoy the cute bun case ones much more than a regular cheesecake! If only making the rinky dinky ones, this mixture will require 2 packets of Oreos, warning - there may be a couple left to shove in your mouth whilst you whip these up!


If you want to make 10 little ones and a mini cheese cake (5" diameter) you'll need 6 chocolate digestives (or any biscuit of your choice really), 20 g unsalted butter and 2 tsp milk. Stick them in a food processor and whiz whiz whiz until combined. Push the biscuit mixture into the pan, pour the cheesecake on top, refrigerate for at least an hour and voila!

Now onto the recipe you clicked on..
Please note just how short the ingredients list is!!!


Ingredients


330 g cream cheese (of the full fat variety, preferably Philadelphia)
75 g icing sugar
2 packets of Oreo biscuits (14 biscuits in each packet)
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)

Directions


1. Put the cream cheese in a large bowl, mix until soft.
2. Add the icing sugar and vanilla bean paste, mix to combine evenly.
3. Take 8 biscuits and crumble them up by putting them in a freezer bag and bashing 'em about with a rolling pin or in a food processor - this recipe is all about ease so I'd go for the food processor! Add them to the mix and give them a stir to distribute them evenly.
4. Place the remaining 20 biscuits in small bun cases (I found my Oreos fitted EXACTLY into the bottom of my cases - perfect!)
5. Fill the cases with the cheesecake mixture to the top, using a spatula to even out the surface.
6. Chill for at least half an hour - both you and the Oreo cheesecake mini bites!
7. Serve, share, eat and ENJOY :) People will think you spent a lot more time preparing dessert than you did, I won't tell on you, promise!


Other recipes you may like...

Vanilla Bean Baked Donuts with Raspberry Icing
Cherry and Almond Super Massive Muffins
Giant Double Chocolate Sandwich Biscuits

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum I so want one of these now, I love oreo's they are so good :) and hey I'm in my 30's and I'm still a big kid I like the little ones too. Anyway great recipe I love quick no bake cheesecakes, so fast they can be on your plate in under an hour! Perfect dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are yummy aren't they!! Oh well there we go then! Yes quick is so good, especially when you have NOTHING sweet in (disaster)!!

      Delete
  2. A no-bake cheesecake has been on my To Do List for a while, so thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete

See more